Are you considering hair extensions to transform your look and boost your confidence? Before you embark on this journey, it is essential to gain knowledge of the world of extensions, let’s explore both their cost considerations and essential aspects of maintaining proper care.
At 13th and Washington Salon we use Covet and Mane Silicone Free Wefts that feel like your natural hair texture blending seamlessly. With proper at-home care and regular 8-10 week salon maintenance appointments, the extension hair can be reused and last up to one year.
When contemplating the purchase of extensions, it is natural to feel apprehensive about the investment you are about to undertake. Therefore, let’s be transparent about the pricing and help you gain a clear understanding.
STRAIGHT(air dries with a slight wave):
18 inches $600 1 row
22 inches $2240 2 rows
26 inches $2900 2 rows
BEACH WAVE (steam -injected for a natural “s” shape wave pattern):
18 inches $600 1 row
Including in the initial installation, you will receive a complimentary Davines Extension Care Starter Kit valued at $100. The cost of the first installation is $250 per row in addition to the cost of the hair.
Every 8 – 10 weeks you will come into the salon and it will include: weft removal, clarifying shampoo, color refresh for wefts, fresh install, the wefts will be cut to blend with your hair and hot iron style.
$250 w/o color session
$185 with color session
**Pricing above is for install and move ups. This does not include the price of color services or treatments required to maintain your natural hair.
Let’s illustrate this with a scenario: if you invest in one row of extensions at the start of the year and factor in the cost of all your move-ups for the year, it would total $2100. In contrast, if you do not take proper care of your extensions and need to purchase three rows of wefts within a year, the expense would amount to $3300. Please note that these prices do not cover color services or treatments needed to maintain your natural hair.
Tips After Install:
– Regular Brushing: Make it a habit to brush your extensions gently every day. Use a soft-bristle brush and comb through your extensions 2-3 times daily. Start from the tips, and work your way up, holding the base of the extensions to prevent snagging or loosening
– Salon Grade Products: Covet and Mane extensions are top-tier in the market, designed for salon-grade products. Using anything less can compromise their quality, leaving a film on the extensions and potentially requiring replacement. Opting for high-quality products, Davines, ensures the longevity and maintains the excellence of your hair extensions
– Cleansing: Before stepping into the shower, gently detangle your hair and extensions with a wet brush. Avoid vigorous scrubbing, as it can lead to tangling in both your natural hair and extensions, making post-shower brushing challenging. To wash your hair effectively, clip up the extensions and work from the bottom, progressing upward, taking care with each subsection until you reach the crown. It’s important to note that hair extensions do not require daily washing. Instead, aim for a weekly wash, and consider washing the crown area 2-3 times to maintain a clean and fresh appearance
– Drying: Gently blot your hair with a microfiber towel. Then, apply Oi Oil or Oi Milk to the mids and ends of your hair, and carefully detangle using a wet brush. Avoid wrapping your hair in a turban-style. For drying, focus on minimizing root drying and ensure the middle section is 80% dry before proceeding to round brushing. Finish by using your preferred blowout technique
– Styling: Ensure your hair is completely dry before styling it as usual. Prior to using heat styling tools, apply MELU Hair Shield to protect your hair from heat damage. When restyling, concentrate on the sections of hair that require attention, avoiding excessive heat styling of the extensions
– Braids When Sleeping: Before bedtime, gently brush your extensions and apply 1-2 pumps of Oi Oil. Then, braid your hair into one or two braids to minimize tangling and friction while sleeping
– Poolside: DO NOT apply sunscreen directly to your extensions. When applying sunscreen to your skin near your hairline, exercise caution, as this may lead to discoloration of the extensions. Whenever possible, opt for a mineral-based sunscreen. Before sun exposure, prepare your hair by misting it with water and applying a leave-in treatment. Secure your hair in a bun or braids and wear a hat. After swimming, be sure to brush your hair, rinse it thoroughly, and wash it to maintain its condition
– Regular Maintenance: When you’re at the salon, remember to schedule your follow-up appointment for color and move-ups. It’s recommended to book these appointments at least every 8-10 weeks
– Consult Your Stylist: If you experience any concerns or issues with your extensions, please don’t hesitate to contact your stylist for adjustments and to inquire about their earliest availability
Investing in extensions is not just about enhancing your outer beauty but also nurturing your confidence. Remember, beautiful, well-maintained extensions are not an expense; they are an investment in your own empowerment and style. So, wear your extensions with pride, and let your hair speak volumes about your self-assured elegance.